2010...I WILL Dream...

5/20/10

I just graduated from Purdue, so new chapter in life. New journal. I think the quote on the front is very fitting. 


“The future belongs to those who believe 
in the beauty of their dreams.” 
-Eleanor Roosevelt


I feel hopeful and excited about what’s to come. Anything is possible. Absolutely anything. I’ve applied to several graduate assistant and internship positions. I still haven’t heard back, but God has His plans I’m just here to listen. :)

My softball career is officially over. It’s weird. I’ve spent the last...15 years playing softball. Now it’s gone. 





I’m still planning on coaching and being involved, but it’s like the official end of my childhood. Nothing will be the same again. So many things I have to do now. Get my license for one; take the GRE; apply for jobs; responsibilities; grown-up stuff...



I will maintain some of my childish-ness though. 


I’ll remember to smile at the little funny things God shows us everyday. I’ll laugh at myself. 


Play with puppies. Stomp thru the mud occasionally. Play in the rain/snow. Watch Disney movies, and dream big. I won’t settle for less than what feels right and what God shows me is right. I will be kind and giving, but stand firm in my resolve. Compromising, but not with my morals. 


I will remember that some things are worth fighting for, no matter the cost. 


I will admit my faults and face them head on with Jesus by my side. He is the guardian of my soul. He loves me despite my flaws. He sees and knows everything. He protects me and gives me strength. He is awesome and powerful, yet knows me by name.



I want a love like Johnny and June, and I hope He has that planned for me. But if He doesn’t...well, I’m honestly not ok with that now, but I’m trying. I’ll have to be. I want to live for Him. It won’t be easy. It will hurt at times. But it will give me more joy than anything else will ever bring (even a great love).



There is no love greater than Jesus.




The Skit Guys, “(God’s) Chisel”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfUzodLRvk

Comments

Popular Posts